pthomas215 1,251 posts msg #129575 - Remove message |
7/3/2016 6:42:16 PM
yes, that is a fair point. eventually I am trying to get to value investing. at this point, I just want to identify the huge spikes before they hit.
|
four 5,087 posts msg #129599 - Remove message modified |
7/5/2016 11:24:43 PM
|
pthomas215 1,251 posts msg #129600 - Remove message |
7/6/2016 12:13:55 AM
four, you are great at idea generation. always great filters to consider. when I looked at the one you posted, if I used "price crossed above 0" it seemed to pull stocks up that had already escalated. what do you think about this one in terms of catching stocks before they escalate?
|
pthomas215 1,251 posts msg #129601 - Remove message |
7/6/2016 12:27:56 AM
it seems like from the chart you posted that if (5) crosses above -1, you can go long on it
|
four 5,087 posts msg #129602 - Remove message modified |
7/6/2016 1:48:25 AM

|
four 5,087 posts msg #129640 - Remove message modified |
7/7/2016 9:56:42 AM
option

|
four 5,087 posts msg #129665 - Remove message |
7/8/2016 12:54:32 AM
|
pthomas215 1,251 posts msg #129674 - Remove message |
7/8/2016 10:58:05 AM
Four, interesting stuff. can I get your opinion on something? I use the filter below sometimes, but the only drawback is that it triggers after the bump. I miss the lions share of the escalation sometimes. I have used 'waiting for green" and others. just curious on your opinion as to how to catch this filter before the bump.
|
ThaGekko 139 posts msg #129675 - Remove message |
7/8/2016 11:22:13 AM
Four
How do you code "MA(LOW,10)"?
|
four 5,087 posts msg #129676 - Remove message modified |
7/8/2016 11:48:08 AM
ThaGekko
94 posts
msg #129675
- Ignore ThaGekko 7/8/2016 11:22:13 AM
Four
How do you code "MA(LOW,10)"?
------------------------ Custom-EMA-and-Custom-Weighted-SMA ----------------------------
CMA(low,10)
Reference:
http://www.stockfetcher.com/forums2/Announcements/New-Functions-Custom-EMA-and-Custom-Weighted-SMA/32187/-1/32187
|