four 5,087 posts msg #129547 - Remove message |
7/1/2016 11:53:57 PM
|
four 5,087 posts msg #129548 - Remove message modified |
7/1/2016 11:58:16 PM
ahcsim72,
1. Some posts about cloud
http://www.stockfetcher.com/sf/search.php?q=ichimoku&filter=&sort=
2. 95% of my filters are here -- Generic -- and the other 5% are "sprinkled" throughout the forums.
3. FYI: http://www.ichimokutrader.com/
4. I have never traded with the cloud
Covel
Trend Following Dice Roll
https://vimeo.com/50548951#at=51
-
http://www.trendfollowing.com/resources/
-
http://www.trendfollowing.com/podcasts/
-
http://www.trendfollowing.com/product/trend-following-investment-research-flagship-package/
|
pthomas215 1,251 posts msg #129549 - Remove message |
7/2/2016 1:29:49 AM
FOUR:
What is your favorite bollinger band filter that you see the most success with? I've toyed around with a few but cant seem to find one that signals before the bump.
|
four 5,087 posts msg #129553 - Remove message modified |
7/2/2016 2:19:02 PM
Investigate (...I don't have a favorite)
http://bollingerbandgenius.com/bollinger-bands/short-term-buying-signals/
Work with this and see what works for you...?
|
pthomas215 1,251 posts msg #129556 - Remove message |
7/2/2016 6:29:55 PM
Thank you. I've been going through all of them here for the past month and find it so interesting. this stuff can be overwhelming sometimes. so much data. appreciate it.
|
four 5,087 posts msg #129557 - Remove message modified |
7/2/2016 6:54:13 PM
Have you noticed... a theme to the filters (a favorite theme/pattern but no favorite filter...)
usually two indicators (1. more days 2. fewer days)
usually a high is met and then a need to stay above a threshold and the fewer days is going to make a low for the trade : Opposite for short ( a low is met and a need to stay below a threshold and the fewer days is going to make a high for the trade)
See below
|
four 5,087 posts msg #129558 - Remove message modified |
7/2/2016 10:33:13 PM
http://www.forbes.com/sites/toddganos/2011/12/15/wise-up-normal-market-behavior-is-not-normal-but-crazy-is/#41b80049597f
--------------------------------------------------------
- Hindsight -
144 results from Monday June 27, 2016 - Close Results
Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex.
--
Mon 27th to Fri 1st
141 winners Vs 3 losers
winners: 2% - 12%
losers: -3% to -.25%
--
|
pthomas215 1,251 posts msg #129559 - Remove message |
7/2/2016 11:41:58 PM
I never thought about it like that. I think I follow you, just by looking at the chart. I have always just looked at rsi and williams but this helps. does this accomplish the same concept?
|
four 5,087 posts msg #129560 - Remove message modified |
7/3/2016 12:29:49 AM
Let's start from scratch. Start by understanding my post.
View the below information and image and then answer the questions.
There are two Bollinger %B:
bollinger %B(40,5)
bollinger %B(5,5)

|
pthomas215 1,251 posts msg #129561 - Remove message |
7/3/2016 12:59:12 AM
ok. 1. b40, 5 is longer
2. b5,5 is shorter
1.longer indicator must break above . 5
2. longer indicator must stay above.6
for short longer indicator must hit and remain below .5
I think I understand most of it conceptually. so a stock is in a certain range for most of the time and Im trying to catch it when it goes outside the range. i suppose the june 27th data threw me off
|