karennma 8,057 posts msg #126582 - Remove message |
1/5/2016 9:01:48 AM
R U trading it or holding it?
|
four 5,087 posts msg #126589 - Remove message modified |
1/5/2016 1:42:08 PM
HSY 2015-02-13,105.87
HSY 2015-02-18,106.81
---- ---- ---
HSY 2015-11-06, 86.138
HSY 2015-11-27, 87.12
--
Traded it and no position now. Gained almost a dollar (each time).
|
karennma 8,057 posts msg #126590 - Remove message |
1/5/2016 2:58:46 PM
four
2,551 posts
msg #126589
- Ignore four
modified 1/5/2016 1:42:08 PM
--
Traded it and no position now. Gained almost a dollar (each time).
=========================
Yep. That's what it's good for. A $1 a dip.
And safe too!
|
four 5,087 posts msg #126595 - Remove message |
1/5/2016 3:17:51 PM
So what is the entry and exit ...
any suggestion...
|
karennma 8,057 posts msg #126599 - Remove message |
1/5/2016 4:51:13 PM
I misspoke ...
shorting oil is NOT a "sure thing".
Not at this late date.
|
karennma 8,057 posts msg #126620 - Remove message |
1/6/2016 12:53:05 PM
re: HSY
See, Four!
Even if when it's trending down, u can still get $1.
$86.50 to 87.80
e-z-money and safe!
viva la chocolate!
|
karennma 8,057 posts msg #127226 - Remove message |
2/8/2016 12:56:44 PM
HSY still hasn't dropped.
$87 to $90 today.
relentless.
Plus it's chocolate season.
Happy V's day!
|
karennma 8,057 posts msg #127377 - Remove message |
2/21/2016 12:19:51 PM
I was NOT kidding! Like the energizer bunny. Just keeps giving. Nice range .. Very trade-able.
|
four 5,087 posts msg #127381 - Remove message |
2/21/2016 1:32:54 PM
K,
"Very trade-able. "
Please offer some assistance in understanding HOW you trade your indicators (Long/Short).
|
karennma 8,057 posts msg #127382 - Remove message |
2/21/2016 2:24:56 PM
Altho' I was trying to be humorous re: HSY, I was serious.
Back in January, since I knew we were in a bear market, I felt historical seasonality would be irrelevant.
However, with Valentine's day coming, I also felt HSY "might not" drop (no guarantees), especially given that historical seasonality (which U can check on stockcharts) shows that HSY goes up in February.
If you look at the chart, since their earnings in January, the trading range was between $83 - 92 $$$.
You got a dividend in November, right?
The dividend date and the earnings date showed a double bottom ($83), and the chocolate has remained in that range since. Since June 2015, HSY never went below $80. Same as flashcrash in August.
IMHO, it was a safe play -- at least safer than DWTI ... or AMBA.
Should be interesting to see what the stock will do, if we have a real armageddon.
Food usually goes up during recessions, but I don't think chocolate is really considered "food". LOL!
|