StockFetcher Forums · Stock Picks and Trading · FOUR - Do you still have HSY<< 1 2 3 4 >>Post Follow-up
karennma
8,057 posts
msg #127383
- Remove message
2/21/2016 3:01:03 PM

2/21/2016 1:32:54 PM
K,
"Very trade-able. "
Please offer some assistance in understanding HOW you trade your indicators (Long/Short).
=============

That little ditty I wrote only applies to HSY.
Considering how much money I've lost in the last 7 months, you really should be asking JP that question. (Altho, I don't know how much info you'll get out of him.) With the exception of the ETFs, all the short plays on "intraday alerts" are JP's, not mine.
I know how to pick stocks (i.e., AMBA, DWTI, TSLA, AMZN), but I can only trade them IF they're going up. I ALWAYS lose on the way down (even with stops; and let me tell you, after a while, those stop losses can add up to a fortune!).
As you know, (or maybe you don't know) I don't "short" (sell) stocks. JP does that.
If I want to short something, I'll get the ETF -- like DWTI. Did my indicators tell me DWTI was going to $400? Nope.
But, after DWTI hit $400, my indicators told me to go long UWTI and DUST. I've lost a TON of money on both. Since January, I've lost more than I've made.
My loss in AMBA last year pretty much ruined my trading capacity. Given that I'm retired, that is NOT a good thing.
I am a FAILURE as a trader. You should really be asking JP about his indicators, not me.
Clearly, JP is doing much better at this than I.
Good luck!




karennma
8,057 posts
msg #127384
- Remove message
2/21/2016 3:08:24 PM

Finally, trading is no longer a money-making avocation for me.
It's just a hobby. At this point, like bull-riding, it's more of a spectator sport. LOL!

karennma
8,057 posts
msg #127386
- Remove message
2/22/2016 7:27:48 AM

HSY -- huge buys in the pre-market.


karennma
8,057 posts
msg #127422
- Remove message
2/25/2016 11:59:33 AM

Hi Four,
Did you get your dividend?
What's amazing about HSY is, it paid a dividend AND the price went up.


four
5,087 posts
msg #127425
- Remove message
modified
2/25/2016 3:49:27 PM

HSY 2015-02-13,105.87
HSY 2015-02-18,106.81
---- ---- ---
HSY 2015-11-06, 86.138
HSY 2015-11-27, 87.12

--
Traded it and no position now.

four
5,087 posts
msg #127793
- Remove message
4/1/2016 1:41:59 PM

karennma

Did you catch any of the last few days, for a long?



karennma
8,057 posts
msg #127964
- Remove message
4/14/2016 7:22:42 AM

Four,
Whoops! Missed your message, but YES! Yes yes yes!!
I'm still trading HSY.
So e-z! No worries ..
$$$
:>)



karennma
8,057 posts
msg #127965
- Remove message
4/14/2016 7:26:03 AM

BTW, I bot NKE yesterday @ $57.98.
Lokking for $8-10+..
Earnings not until June 23rd.

karennma
8,057 posts
msg #127966
- Remove message
4/14/2016 7:27:22 AM

Sorry -- that was day b4 yesterday ...
(NKE)


marine2
963 posts
msg #127974
- Remove message
modified
4/14/2016 11:44:28 AM

Am I to assume you all are mainly day term traders? Or sometimes short term traders (more than just one day)?

For day trading, are you using what minute (5, 10, 15 min) for your filtering and charting basis?

For your short term trading method what main filtering basics are you utilizing to give you entry and exit information?

And yes, after you answer my questions I still want to live. :-)

StockFetcher Forums · Stock Picks and Trading · FOUR - Do you still have HSY<< 1 2 3 4 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.


Copyright 2026 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.•Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus


This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.