johnpaulca 12,036 posts msg #132945 - Remove message |
11/30/2016 10:00:43 PM
JP, do you have any indicators you like to drive your decisions on LABD and LABU. Like oil, sometimes you see a gap up on one, only to see a reversal within the first hour of the day.
****************************************************************************************************************
I use mostly price action with time and sales.
|
johnpaulca 12,036 posts msg #132953 - Remove message |
12/1/2016 9:28:52 AM
Intraday:
Dolla pulling back causing oil to fly, dolla(USD/CAD) has support at 1.3366 will see if this hold before going long with SCO(oversold on 2-hr)
|
johnpaulca 12,036 posts msg #132954 - Remove message |
12/1/2016 9:33:16 AM
Oil stocks doing a great job propping up the market, this will give some some sweet shorts...shortly.
|
johnpaulca 12,036 posts msg #132956 - Remove message |
12/1/2016 9:47:47 AM
/CL...looking for failure at $50.76 before shorting.
|
gmg733 788 posts msg #132959 - Remove message modified |
12/1/2016 10:38:57 AM
Shorted Jan 44 TBT Calls this morning. This is a SS filter so I'll use the system for exit profit or loss.
|
johnpaulca 12,036 posts msg #132960 - Remove message |
12/1/2016 10:40:34 AM
johnpaulca
10,291 posts
msg #132909 11/30/2016 10:16:53 AM
Banks are flying today to help prop up the indices. I'm currently trading GS
*******************************************************************************************************
GS...up another 2% today. With a 7.85% weight in the Dow keeping it from falling....just another snow job.
|
gmg733 788 posts msg #132963 - Remove message |
12/1/2016 10:53:24 AM
/NG screaming higher today. I still own long Mar short Apr futures. Need all the help I can get. :)
/KC still not done going down and neither is /SB.
|
BarTune1 441 posts msg #133072 - Remove message |
12/6/2016 1:35:44 PM
11/30/2016 9:20:35 PM
Definately want to close before they go ex-dividend. In any event, this pair tends to revert to the mean very quickly ... currently long 1,989 shares of EVV and short 2,400 shares of DSU. Was able to pick up EVV at $13.326 and sell DSU at $11.079 today @ around 11:52 am.
******************
Was just able to cover DSU at $11.06 and sell EVV @ $13.604 on a cross back to the BB(100,1) .... gain of $598.54 before $19.96 in total commissions .....
|
mahkoh 1,065 posts msg #133085 - Remove message |
12/6/2016 6:32:36 PM
Nice trade. The pair appears highly cointegrated and a little less correlated, although a recent spike in DSU according to yahoo data distorts the picture.
|
BarTune1 441 posts msg #133087 - Remove message |
12/6/2016 8:49:14 PM
DSU underwent a split recently which distorted some data depending on your source. I play a number of pairs usually from a breach of the BB(100,3) back to the (100,1). Best way to picture these is through stockcharts. You can custom set the BBs and simply enter EVV:DSU (use a colon to separate 2 securities) to chart the pair. This particular pair has made me money everytime I've played it. Kevin gave me this pair which I believe he got from pairtradinglab.com
|