StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Gaping down in an upward trend<< >>Post Follow-up
freshpotato
36 posts
msg #56545
- Ignore freshpotato
11/8/2007 12:21:03 PM

Hello guys,

I'm still working on my scripting knowledge, and trading for what that matters :)

I want to create a gap filter, I have searched around the forum and can't find one that suits my needs.
I want to create a filter that shows me downward gaps in a upwards trend, and the other way around.

Is there any way I can get a column that show me volume increase in percent from yesterday?

Thanks and have a god day!




dwiggains
454 posts
msg #56559
- Ignore dwiggains
11/8/2007 4:47:42 PM

Fetcher[
open > 1% below low 1 day ago and 30 day slope of the close > 0 and
set {vol.increase, volume / volume 1 day ago} and add column vol.increase
and close > 5 and volume > 200,000 and vol.increase > 1.2
]



This is a start. You can use open 1% below close if you do not like low.
You can change volume increase anyway you want.

See ya
David

freshpotato
36 posts
msg #56563
- Ignore freshpotato
11/8/2007 5:21:54 PM

Thanks David, I was on to the solution but wasn't quite there.



TheRumpledOne
6,532 posts
msg #56565
- Ignore TheRumpledOne
11/8/2007 5:47:35 PM

fresh... make sure you look at the BASIC FILTER FOR NEWBIES.

It has what you are looking for.

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Gaping down in an upward trend<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.


Copyright 2026 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.•Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus


This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.